MACRA—the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015—will implement the most extensive collection of changes to Medicare payment methodologies since RBRVS was introduced in 1992. The Idaho Medical Association is here to help. As we await the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) releasing its final rule on the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA), here are some resources to help you get ready. Check back often as we add new information. If you have questions, please contact the IMA Reimbursement Department at 208-344-7888 or email IMA Reimbursement Director Teresa Cirelli, CPC, CPMA at firstname.lastname@example.org or Reimbursement Specialist Kim Burgen, CPC, CPMA at email@example.com.
- AMA MACRA website – Includes a checklist with steps practices can take now to prepare, an action kit and slideshow with information about what is in the proposed rule, an outline of advocacy efforts, a “Guide to physician-focused payment models,” and additional resources
- AMA STEPS Forward® module – CME-accredited activity provides steps to take, answers to common questions and case vignettes
- New podcast series “Inside Medicare’s new payment system” – Produced by ReachMD, these downloadable audio stories feature interviews with industry experts and physician leaders (including CMS’ Andy Slavitt, AMA President Andrew Gurman, MD, and the AMA’s Richard Deem and Michael Tutty)
- AMA Wire® stories – Ongoing articles on the latest MACRA developments, how physicians are participating in new models of care and more.
- AMA Payment Model Evaluator - A tool offering initial assessments to physicians so they can determine how their practices will be impacted by MACRA.
MIPS Minutes from Qualis
Qualis Health has recently launched a new web series called the MIPS Minute. The series is designed to help you successfully prepare for and understand the transition to value-based payment. Each episode is brief and focuses on an important aspect of the quality payment program in a short, easy to digest format. All of the MIPS Minutes episodes can be found on YouTube.
CMS has resources including fact sheets, timelines, webinars and more available on its Quality Payment Program website.
Washington State Medical Association Medicare MACRA Webinars - Archived format
The half-day conference, MACRA and Value-Based Care - Creating Your Organization’s Strategy, presented on Nov. 9 by ECG Management Consultants, is now available as an archived presentation. Due to the length of the program, the content is separated into Part 1 and Part 2. This program is designed for your organization’s executive leadership and focuses on developing your organizational strategy to succeed under value-based care and MACRA. The presenters use their value-based “readiness assessment toolkit” and case studies to illustrate real-world examples of how others are transforming their organizations to realize the opportunities presented by value-based care.