Apply for IMA Foundation Awards
Future Physicians of Idaho Awards
The Idaho Medical Association Foundation is pleased to announce the availability of the 2023 Future Physicians of Idaho Awards, that are targeted toward individual medical students and residents/fellows. There are six one-time individual awards available of $5,000 each. Three awards are for 4th year medical students who have matched to an Idaho-based residency program. Three awards are for residents or fellows in their final year of training who are in good standing in an Idaho-based residency program and who will practice in a medically underserved Idaho community upon completion of residency.
The overarching goal of the IMA Foundation is to support efforts to improve Idaho’s physician workforce shortages and to improve the quality and accessibility of healthcare in Idaho. The IMA Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable arm of the Idaho Medical Association.
Applications will be scored on these five award criteria categories:
1. Idaho Roots: Born and raised in Idaho, from a rural underserved area, educated in Idaho schools, or have other Idaho ties;
2. Commitment to Practice in Idaho: Demonstrated commitment to remaining in Idaho and ultimately setting up or joining a practice in Idaho;
3. Commitment to Rural and Underserved Idaho: The extent to which the applicant focuses on practicing in Idaho's rural and/or medically underserved populations;
4. Specialty: The applicant’s chosen specialty and the need for that specialty in Idaho; and
5. Personal Statement: The strength of an applicant’s personal statement and the extent to which an applicant’s goals further the goals of the IMA Foundation
Letter(s) of support: Each applicant will be required to submit at least one letter of support from a faculty member or other physician who has been instrumental in your training and who can attest to your skills and dedication. The letter can be mailed to IMAF, 305 West Jefferson, Boise, ID 83702 or can be emailed to email@example.com. (Does not have to be a formal letter - an emailed message directly from the physician will be accepted.)
Award recipients are invited to attend and be recognized at the IMA President's Dinner on October 14, 2023, in Coeur d'Alene. Recipients may inquire about help with travel expenses.
Applicants with service, loan repayment or other commitments outside Idaho after residency are INELIGIBLE.
Applications are now being accepted.
FILL OUT THE APPLICATION HERE . Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with questions or call IMA at 208.344.7888
Awards support Idaho medical education and residency training through organizational contributions, as well as to support other activities to recruit and encourage physicians to practice in Idaho.
To find out when the next round of award applications will be accepted, please contact Mike Cunnington at firstname.lastname@example.org