Why Join the IMA?
Idaho Medical Association is the leading organization representing physicians in all specialties, practice settings and geographic locations in our state, and is recognized as the voice of medicine in Idaho. IMA’s mission is to unify and advocate for all Idaho physicians, promote the art and science of medicine, and remain dedicated to improving the health and well-being of all Idahoans.
The Idaho Medical Association has over 4,000 members, all Idaho medical professionals who meet the Association's stringent membership requirements. Predominant membership is comprised of over 2,000 actively practicing physicians, including residents, with the balance of members comprised of retired physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and medical students.
IMA Benefits and Services
- Legislative Representation: The IMA provides state legislative and governmental relations advocacy work. The IMA combines the efforts of the IMA employees and contract lobbyists to advocate for the practice of medicine. The IMA has input with state agencies, including the Department of Health and Welfare (which includes Medicaid), the Division of Occupational and Professional Licensure (which includes the Board of Medicine), the Department of Insurance and more.
The IMA closely monitors federal legislation affecting medicine by working with the AMA's Washington, DC, office. The IMA works directly with the Idaho Congressional Delegation and their staff on important issues which impact the medical profession at the federal level such as Medicare reimbursement, federal appropriations, and more.
- Reimbursement Assistance: IMA has partnered with Gill Compliance Solutions, LLC to offer members free or discounted reimbursement assistance for you and your practice! IMA and Gill Compliance Solutions offer members several reimbursement services including: payor advocacy and negotiation, coding consultation, chart review, educational IMA Wire newsletter articles and webinars.
- Payor Policy Portal: As Idaho's physicians continue to navigate the COVID-19 crisis, IMA has partnered with Gill Compliance Solutions to offer a brand new membership benefit to IMA members that will help you find updated telehealth and vaccine payor rules for Idaho all in one resource. The new Payor Policy Portal provides you with viewing rights to a Smartsheet that includes updated common codes, modifiers, and links to vital information and payor guidelines. The Portal is updated each Monday for the most current guidelines available to the public. This new benefit comes at no extra cost to your membership.
How to Access:
The Payor Policy Portal is only available to Idaho Medical Association Members. If you would like access to this benefit, please complete the following steps:
1. Email Rebecca at the IMA (email@example.com) and include the emails you would like to have access to the Portal.
2. The IMA will check membership and send your information to Gill Compliance Solutions.
3. Within 24 hours, you will receive an email from Smartsheet with your access to the Portal (you will be required to create a login and password). This email will also include a disclosure for your review.
4. Once you’ve accessed the Portal, you are able to scroll and view at anytime. Updates are made weekly and highlighted for your convenience.
5. PLEASE watch this two-minute tutorial for navigating the Portal.
Physician Advocacy: The IMA represents physician interests on many statewide committees as well as various ad hoc committees and task forces organized within government. By action of the House of Delegates, the IMA fosters meaningful physician input regarding healthcare issues at all levels of government.
- Publications: The IMA publishes a number of timely, informative publications:
- IMAges, a monthly newsletter containing news of general physician interest and reimbursement and coding information
- IMA Wire, a monthly e-newsletter providing IMA members with timely updates and news
- Directory of Idaho Physicians is published annually
- IMA legislative reports, a newsletter published weekly throughout each Legislative Session
- Special Alerts
- IMA Financial Services: Having served more than 1,600 medical professionals, IMAFS specializes in providing financial services for you! IMA members receive a free financial checkup, a discounted fee for wealth management and additional services at no extra cost! The services IMAFS provides are: investment planning, retirement planning, tax planning, insurance planning and estate planning. All products and services are screened by a board of your IMA peers. IMAFS operates as a fiduciary to provide advice that is in your best interest, that means they are not influenced by commissions. To take advantage of this member benefit contact Martin Watkins, CFP or Jared Empey, MSFS at (208) 336-9066. You can learn more about them by going to www.imafs.org
- Seminars and Workshops: The IMA offers seminars and workshops to assist physicians and office staff with coding and practice administration. Check out this year's webinar schedule here: IMA Education Series Webinars. The IMA is responsive to physician requests for coding education and regularly adds new seminars and workshops to the Association’s educational program.
- Physicians' Recovery Network (PRN): The PRN was created to help any Idaho physician or physician assistant who is impaired as a result of chemical dependence, mental illness, senility or behavioral problems. The PRN provides a network of trained physicians and other healthcare professionals to aid in confidential investigations of alleged physician impairment and, when appropriate, conduct interventions and coordinate placement in a treatment program.
- Annual House of Delegates Meeting: As an Active member of the IMA, you qualify to
participate in our Annual House of Delegates Meeting. As a Delegate, you
will help guide the direction of your Idaho Medical Association and
develop relevant, meaningful policies that benefit physicians and
patients in Idaho. It is through your support and participation in this
event that the IMA can best represent ALL of Idaho’s diverse physicians.
Please visit the Meeting page for this year to learn more about the event
location, dates, and details.
- Preferred Partners: Our carefully selected preferred partners offer IMA members discounts on a variety of services and products
To learn more about any of these benefits, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 344-7888.